1. Visualization is the ability to picture mentally and to experience ideas, events, circumstances, and objects that exist in the future.
"I see myself in possession of the goals for which I am striving. I know they will be mine because I have already experienced them."
2. The power to visualize is a function of the imagination to see myself in possession of my goals.
"I have a fantastic imagination. I use my imagination to see myself in possession of my goals."
3. Visualization supports goal setting by allowing you to anticipate possible obstacles to a goal and to devise creative and imaginative solutions and action steps for bringing goals into reality.
"As I write out a plan of action for achieving my goal, I can see myself taking action steps, avoiding obstacles, implanting solutions, and acting in a manner appropriate for one who possesses that goal."
4. Visualization is a bridge between the past and the present that helps you interpret new experiences.
"I evaluate each new circumstance in light of my past experience. I visualize the various ways I might approach a new situation and determine my best course of action."
5. Visualization is also a bridge between the present and the future.
"I use my abilities to visualize the future as a decision making tool. I compare the goals I want to achieve in the future with my situation today and my experiences from the past. I can see then my best course of action."